We want your time living with us to be as enjoyable as possible. As one of our residents, you have certain responsibilities which can be found in your tenancy agreement, we have written some of them below.
Please read your tenancy agreement carefully to make sure you know your responsibilities.
What are your responsibilities?
- On signing your tenancy agreement, you are pledging to:
- Pay your rent and any other charges on time
- Live in harmony with your neighbours
- Be respectful to our staff and contractors
- Keep the inside of your home in good order and report any repairs promptly
- Give us access to your home, when necessary, so that our contractors can undertake any essential repairs, such as your annual gas safety check (if applicable)
- Maintain your private garden and fences (if you have them)
- Give us at least 28 days written notice if you want to end your tenancy.
What are our responsibilities?
As your landlord, we will:
- Help you to live peacefully in your home
- Complete any necessary repairs to your home within the timescales we promise
- Keep your communal areas well maintained (if you pay a service charge for your property)
- Allow you to exchange homes with residents of another housing association or local council, if your tenancy agreement allows and you have our written permission
- Provide general information on the housing services we provide
- Give you the right to complain if we have not delivered any aspect of our service
- Give you access to any information we hold about you
- Consult you on any changes to your rent or service charges